Sunday, June 19, 2016

Getting Back on Track

I've had some annoying bad habits creep in....we call it carb creep in the low-carb/carb-cycling world. 

Sugary drinks (Biggby's frozen coffees!)
Dairy (hello ice cream!)
Processed Food (even if sugar free/low carb)
Sugar free/low carb home-baked goods

Many of these have become daily expectations instead of once in awhile treats. Stress has taken its toll in this last month since our prodigal child returned and we're still trying to find our "new normal"....except that there is nothing "normal" about life with a child with severe emotional issues. 

My self-esteem has taken such a hit this last 6 months. I know his issues are his issues and I likely didn't "cause" them, I still question my parenting skills and focus on my areas of weakness. 

The weight has crept back up and the running has slowed to a crawl. Creeping and crawling does not make for good solid change. 

So, here are my commitments...

Water 
(drink my body weight in water)

Snacks
(Pick one homemade treat a week to make)

Prep.Prep.Prep
(More likely to eat the food if its ready to go)

Track my eats for every meal. everyday.
(What is going in that might be stalling me?)

Stay accountable to my support team!
(That means YOU!)

What is the greatest threat to your greatest self? Is it yourself? Are you standing in your own way?

No comments:

Post a Comment